Sunday Summary: 18.01.2015

18 January 2015

Sunday Summary
My week has been really slow because I’ve not seen any of my friends really, it’s cold and flu season and we’re all dropping like flies. Since everyone has had the lurgy I’ve been chilling at home, so you would assume I’ve done loads of blogging and been really productive with my life.
hehehehehe
Don’t be silly, of course I haven’t been productive with my free evenings. Sure, I’ve read a lot of books, but actual productivity has been at an all time low on the blog front. I think it’s because in contrast to my non-existent social life things have been really hectic at work. I’m being trained on another area of the accounts and it all makes complete sense, but there is so much to do and I feel a bit like I’ve been thrown into the deep end and I’m only just starting to get to grips with things. Each day I feel a bit all up in the air because my normal working routine has had to change and I feel like I’m a bit of a mess at work. I know as soon as I’ve properly gotten to grips with things and developed a new routine I’ll be fine but currently I’m continually telling people I’m far too bust to do anything else. Which is probably why I’ve just been coming home and zoning out with a good book, it’s been a welcome relief to be able to just switch off at home.

I’ve also done a little bit of book shopping this week, more so than usual. I’m a bit of a stress shopper I think. If I’m feeling under pressure and need to cheer myself up I always buy something, it’s a terrible habit to have but it is so good at cheering me up. I also have some online credit at a couple of places, so I’ve been taking advantage and spending.

New To Me

205789701611470816140838161408411050729322922645209457579780373779857.indd17290655
Biggest Flirts – Jennifer Echols (I bought a hardback copy, only £2.52!)
The Selection – Kiera Cass (It’s currently free for Kindle)
In Between – Jenny B Jones (another Kindle freebie, no clue if it’s any good)
The Shape of my Heart – Ann Aguirre (I’ve got some credit on blinkbox books and bought this, then discovered this is the third in a series)
The Luckiest Lady in London – Sherry Thomas (my historical romance binge is coming to an end I think)

What I’ve Been Reading

2057897016140841176961311611470817290655

It’s been a good reading week, all the books I really enjoyed, they may not any of them become my favourite books ever, but they were enjoyable reads I’d be willing to revisit when the mood takes me. I’m hoping to get back on top of blogging next week, whilst I have plenty of posts in my drafts, I haven’t written anything new in a little while, not even a quick a review, I don’t want to find myself unable to think up anything new. I also need to get on top of my reading challenges, I’ve not looked at them for the past couple of weeks. In fact, I’ve barely given them a second thought, that must be rectified.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.