The Handler–D.R. Graham

01 May 2015

25305923
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, New Adult
Release Date: 28th April 2015
My Rating:
He promised he would never be an outlaw . . .

While searching for the member of an outlaw motorcycle gang who murdered his dad, Cain Allen is offered a boatload of cash to "handle" the stunning teen popstar Lincoln Todd. Although he doesn't need the headache of a high-maintenance celebrity, getting out of town will help him keep a low profile until he testifies against the other two killers.

Touring Europe with Lincoln proves to be more complicated than Cain anticipated, and despite his efforts, the line between their personal and professional lives blurs. She’s sweet, smart, and totally unpredictable. And he loves it.

But Lincoln’s association with Cain puts her in more danger than anyone could have imagined. When he joins forces with the Noir et Bleu Motorcycle Club to protect her, Cain discovers the lengths he's willing to go, and the person he's willing to become to protect the people he loves…
I recently read Nowhere But Home (a book I shall be reviewing soon) and so I wanted to find a similar book to read, and this one almost literally fell into my lap (or my inbox) and I thought I should review it for it’s polar opposite approach to motorcycle gangs. When I began reading this book I had certain expectations going in, mainly that there would be a huge motorcycle gang and that the MC would feature heavily… that was not the case. I think I expected more centred around the club, but really Cain was only at the edges of the MC and Lincoln certainly wasn't involved. This book was nothing like I expected, yet met all my expectations going in. I think that actually meant I enjoyed it more, the fact the main characters were quite distanced from the gang.

I am a fan of boys on bikes, I have been ever since I read The Missing series by Meg Cabot, and so books like this will always appeal to me simply to feed that. As such, I do have a more positive view of this book than it probably deserves, it is certainly not a ground-breaking story, but it was so enjoyable that you can overlook such things. A boy becoming the handler of a famous singer to earn money is a bit ridiculous, but it was fun.

I enjoyed the fact you got a view of the edges of MC and the steps they would take to protect their own. It was also refreshing to read a book where it is not the male love interest who is rich and famous and showing a young innocent a whole new world. It really turned that romantic cliché on its head and made it interesting. Instead, Lincoln is young and innocent, but she is also the rich one dragging Cain on an adventure around the world whilst is Cain is attempting to educate Lincoln on the real world whilst keeping her safe and trying to resist her. It was fun, and that is my favourite thing for any book, to enjoy reading it.

It was an enjoyable read that was not too heavy with the romance, but instead it had an interesting story to it as well. There was mystery and drama as well. I would recommend this as a fun diversion if you have a few hours to fill.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.