Sunday Summary // 17.04.2016

17 April 2016

Sunday Summary
This week has been good. It has actually been a good week. I have had no drama, no bad moods and nothing ridiculous happening at work. It’s been nice to actually relax. Although, that relaxing atmosphere has made work seem like it’s lasting forever whilst I wait for the other shoe to drop, but I can’t complain about something as minor as that.

I can’t claim to have had an interesting this week, though. I have mostly spent the week at home with family, which I always enjoy. It’s not very glamorous, though. It basically involves me coming home from work and immediately donning my home uniform of pyjamas (known as loungewear when worn outside of the bedroom). I have watched some very ridiculous TV (anyone seen the Yorkshire Vet? And what about First Dates on Channel 4? I love that show) and have been eating a lot of chocolate (Cadbury World chocolate is still uneaten). It’s been the laziest week I’ve had in a long while and I’ve loved that. It’s nice to do nothing, you know?

I did decide to venture out in polite society Saturday. I got myself dressed and did something I don’t do very often. I went shopping. Not normal food shopping, but shopping shopping. I browsed clothes shops. I tried things on. I complained loudly my feet hurt after a few hours and I stuffed my face with food that probably does not benefit my health. It was fun. I like shopping when I’m in the mood for it and I was. I came home with clothes, books, DVDs and a dozen assorted Krispy Kreme donuts. I deem that a successful trip. Is anyone noticing a trend that I like to buy very unhealthy food as well?

What I’ve Been Reading

913554273252027676528333
It’s been a slower reading week for me. I finished a book I began last week and have only read a few books more this week. The Invisible Library series is getting good, I can’t wait for the next one. I will most definitely be buying once it’s released. And I always forget how much I enjoy a good historical romance and then I read another Spindle Cove novel and fell in love again. I need to get better at keeping up with my romance series. Maybe buy a book a month for them so I can get all caught up? Way Down Dark was an interesting read. I don’t think I’ve read a book like it but I’m glad I got it from the publisher now, it was amazing! Can we all celebrate the fact I’ve read my first Maggie Steifvater book as well! I own quite a few of her books (a surprising number considering she is an unknown author to me. I obviously give into the hype very easily) but I’m glad I chose to venture into the Wolves of Mercy Falls series first because it’s good.

New To Me

1900117684762482330310623477296
I was so proud of myself on Thursday when I realised I’d not bought any new books so far this week… then Friday and Saturday happened. I just can’t turn down a good deal. As soon as I noticed Daughter of the Forest available cheap I bought it on Kindle because I’ve been intrigued by the series for a while. I then ventured into one of my favourite shops on Saturday, The Works. The Works is one of those shops that has books and craft stuff and then a bunch of random stuff and somehow draws you in. I get drawn in by need to know what books they have and once I found two I was interested in reading I knew I needed a third. Sadly, I didn’t realise my third choice, Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery, was a second book in a series so I’ll have to invest in the first now (this happens more often than you would expect).

How have your weeks been? Does anyone else enjoy those relaxing weeks of doing nothing or are you a person that always needs to be doing something?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.