Monthly Wrap Up // April 2017

01 May 2017

Monthly Wrap Up_zpshjihxrbe.png
I know everyone says this every month but I really don’t know where the month has gone. I mean, I do, I spent it working like crazy and being exhausted, but I swear it was only a couple of weeks ago that I was drawing up my monthly layout in my bullet journal and trying to plan out some posts for the month and it’s gone and ended without me getting everything finished!

Can’t Stop Listening

Issues – Julia Michaels
Most Girls – Hailee Steinfeld
Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
Can’t Help Falling In Love – Twenty One Pilots (thanks Kristen for this song, I love it!)

April Reads

182708462223799321112814260476803354353525068467
April Favourites: Shadows // Haze // Shimmer // Burn // The Upside of Unrequited // Uprooted
1859053108199132728258Goodbye DaysThe RookThe Coldest Girl in Coldtown
738 Days457067933260172The One Real Thing31451205Labyrinth

April Posts



April Links


Stories On Stage | YA Character Doppelgangers
Ikram Reads A Lot | So Much Reading, So Little Time
The Book Voyagers | Romance Reads 101: Where To Start? (I love this post and there are a few books on here I need to read) // Latinx & Caribbeans Representation in 2017 
Fine Print | Book Recommendations Gone Wrong (sorry, Danya. Fingers crossed for the next book I read because of you)
Metaphors and Moonlight |Is Blogging A Creative Outlet?
Lost In My Library | What Makes A Good Review?

 

Resolution Catch Up


I’ve been meaning to feature my goals and challenges in my monthly wrap up post for forever… but I was a little scared to look and see how unsuccessful I’ve been. I can’t let the feel of failure stop me from challenging myself and turns out it’s not as bad as I thought.

  • I want to cut my unread books – Guys…why do I make these promises to myself? My budget just didn’t happen and I’ve all these books and not enough hours in the day. I have given up on this one… I gave up around February. Let’s not discuss this again, shall we?
  • I want to review more books on Goodreads – I have definitely been successful at posting reviews on Goodreads. It’s the first thing I do after finishing a book, writing my thoughts on Goodreads. I’ve been less good about Amazon, that happens in batches, but even so… I’m trying.
  • I want to read 100 books – This was never even going to be hard… I’m on 75 currently, which includes rereads.
  • Read more diverse books – I like to think I’m doing alright on this one. I’ve read and have books with POC as well as disabilities. They tend to be YA books where diversity is really being championed but I do have my eyes on a couple of romances which are diverse as well. Maybe I should keep count?

2017 Discussion Challenge:

I’ve been pretty successful on this one. Below are all my discussion posts from the beginning of the year which I’ll be adding on to each month. I wanted to manage a discussion post a month, with me hoping for 20+ if it was a really good year. I may not manage 20+ but I’ve definitely gotten up more than one a month.


Modern Mrs Darcy Reading Challenge
5/12 Categories
I am almost halfway through this one and whilst I don’t fully know what books I’m reading for all the categories I’ve got vague ideas and will almost certainly complete this before the end of the year. I have really enjoyed looking at the categories and finding boxes to tick. I’ll do this again next year (if it happens) but I’ll definitely be saying which books I’ll be reading for each category. Just to make certain I read a few books off of my shelf.

Shelf Love Challenge 2017

I’m not completely certain I’m doing well at this. I’ve read plenty of books from my shelves…. but I also keep adding to them. I’ve not done a great job of keeping track. And, although I set aside my Last Chance Books the other month I’ve not actually read any of them. I think I will try to read one a month and see how it goes. I did clear off about 50 books from my shelves during a clear out, though. That is a success if nothing else is.

My Last Chance books post did give me the idea to pick 12 books which have been on my shelf for a long time and try and read one a month. I may pick 12 physical and 12 digital. It’s a cool idea I will be implementing.

And that is my month (and my challenges finally). How has your April been? I’ve read a lot more than I thought and posted more than I thought so I’m happy. Fingers crossed May will be just as good.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.