Monthly Wrap Up // August 2017

01 September 2017

Monthly Wrap Up_zpshjihxrbe.png
I know it’s basically a given sentence at the start of all wrap-up posts but seriously, where it the time going? I feel like August barely started and it was already over! I mean, time flies when you’re having fun, right?

As all of you know, this month has had plenty of ups and downs. With Donald Trump sticking his foot in it constantly. With racist marches, terrorist attacks and a storm on a scale not seen for decades if not centuries. It’s safe to say it’s not exactly been a month filled with cheer. I’ve watched the news and been outraged and it has basically sucked. But when I’m not paying attention to the current news stories it’s not been all that bad. My reading slump hasn’t completely abated but I’m getting there. I’ve been vaguely succeeding at my spending ban until my holiday (I mean, I’ve been buying plenty of clothes, far more than I’ll need for just a week, but let’s not talk about that). I even thought of excellent solutions to the blogging things which stress me out the most. I found this month to be slower when it came to reading and blogging but I’ve been enjoying myself all the same.

Can’t Stop Listening

Praying – Kesha
I am full on obsessed with this song and her entire album. It has just been on repeat ever since it was released.
Look What You Made Me Do – Taylor Swift
I know not everyone is a fan of her new song, but Swift’s latest release is catchy. I want to know what the rest of the album will sound like now with this new turn for her.

August Reads

1. North To YouThe Hate U GiveLeviathan Wakes5. The Female of the SpeciesRituals33854876Every Heart a Doorway
House of Secrets4. Beyond the Highland Mist8. Alias Vol. 1Irresistible YouSilk is For SeductionHortense and the Shadow

August Posts


August Links


Boats Against The Current | 15 Book Blog Post Ideas (because we all need inspo sometimes) // Do you have to own the books you love? (the answer is yes because I need to own all the books) // Has  Blogging Changed Your Reading Habits?
Lost In My Library | I Don’t Like Series Finales
It Starts At Midnight | Reasons My TBR Is Ridiculous (This post is just me all over)
Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist | Do You Review Every Book You Read? // 10 Minimalist (AKA Easy) Weekly Bullet Journal Layouts (for you bullet journalers out there this is a brilliant post for when you’re short of time and need something to get the job done)
The Fictional Reader | On Reading Fan Fiction (I’ve wanted to do a post on my love for fanfiction for a while and this post is perfect)
Confessions of a Book Geek | Have You Found Your Ratings Twin?

Resolution Catch Up


I’ve reached most of my resolutions (I think) but my book challenges are a struggle. I’ve abandoned shelf love altogether because time is a thing I struggle with and even the Modern Miss Darcy challenge has stalled with no new books read. I have adopted a new month long challenge as well and my card below will demonstrate my progress.

2017 Discussion Challenge:
I’m continuing to do well on this. I probably won’t reach 20+ but I am on track to have posted the one a month I’d hoped so I’m happy with that, I mean, if I post two discussions a month I’ll reach 20 but I don’t think I have quite enough ideas for that.

Modern Mrs Darcy Reading Challenge
8/12 Categories – No change

#TheReadingQuest

The Reading Quest Becky
I’ve read 2/5 books for my main quest and 3/9 on the side quests and we’re halfway through. I must say I’m impressed with how well I’m doing. I won’t win the race but those are a few books removed off of my shelf and onto the read shelf and that is a good thing.

How has your month been? Any books which were the highlight of the month? Or a post you couldn’t stop reading? Tell me all.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.