Looking Forward // July

13 July 2016

Looking Forward_zps3hettxt8.png
Looking Forward is a regular feature on the blog where I let you know which books I’m looking forward to in the month. I won’t buy all the books featured (especially with my current 5 to 1 buying ban) but they are all books I’m looking forward to being released and want to know if you’re excited about them too. Also, all dates are the released I can find (unless they’re not available) for the UK, because that’s where I live and I like to try and keep to when I can get the books.

28218622
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Release Date: 5th July 2016
28757699
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Release Date: 12th July 2016
When her father is accused of being a serial killer, Bex becomes the ultimate bait in this game of cat and mouse

Bex is ready to start a new life in foster care. There, she won't be known as a serial killer's daughter. Though her father was never tried for the murders attributed to "The Wife Collector," he disappeared after questioning. And Bex struggles with the guilt that she provided the circumstantial evidence that convicted him in the public's perception—and drove him to abandon her.

But when a body turns up in her new hometown, all signs point to the Wife Collector. Bex's old life isn't ready to let her go. The police want to use Bex to lure in her father. But is she baiting a serial killer or endangering an innocent man?
Everything in Echo's life changed in a blinding flash when she learned the startling truth: that she is the firebird, the creature of light, the bringer of peace.

But the firebird has not come into the world alone. Echo can feel a great and terrible darkness rising in the distance: cosmic forces that threaten to tear the world apart.

Echo has already lost her home, her family, and her boyfriend. Now, her path is filled with even greater dangers than the ones she's already overcome.

Echo must decide: can she wield the power of her true nature -- or will it prove too strong for her, and burn what's left of her world to the ground?

Welcome to the shadow hour.







Why Am I Excited?

This is a book which wouldn’t normally be on my radar. I’m not completely certain how it got on my radar but however it happened I am thrilled it’s there. I tend to prefer my thrillers to be adult thrillers but I’ve read a few YA ones and this one sounds it could be decent. I mean serial killer parents has kind have been done for me in the form of Omens, but this one doesn’t have  the fantasy element to it so I want to read it for the serial killer bait concept.

Why Am I Excited?

I’m cheating with this one a bit as I already have an ARC unread on my Kindle (I plan to read it this week) but I am excited for this. I know The Girl at Midnight was seen as many as a rip off of other books in the YA fantasy genre but I enjoyed it all the same and I am excited to see where this second book is going to go.

I do need a quick refresher of the first book but I’m hoping that the book will help recap the events as it goes along.
30742101
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Release Date: 18th July 2016
23149314
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Release Date: 19th July 2016
Grand Prize Winner of Harlequin's 2015 So You Think You Can Write contest


Debut author Lauren D.M. Smith delivers an epic fantasy romance in this soaring tale of a kickass warrior and the emperor she's honour-bound to defend


The bride candidates have been summoned. Their numbers are many, yet only one is an Amazzi warrior. Only one would give her life to protect him.


Evony of Aureline, warrior of her people, has no intention of becoming a hideous old man's bride. Though her people have sworn their loyalty to the legendary emperor Galen, Evony knows little of courts and intrigue. It's simply not her world.

Yet it's on the palace training grounds where Evony's archery skills gain her the respect of soldiers and legates alike. The emperor himself takes notice of the beautiful, ruthless warrior. In turn, the young, steely eyed Galen is nothing at all what Evony expected.

This man could very well conquer her heart. But does he feel the same?

As the rivalry among the remaining bride candidates intensifies and the plot for the throne unfolds, Evony must make a grave choice: fulfil her destiny and protect her people or follow her heart and pursue true love.
Either way, the honour of the Amazzi people and the future of the empire now rests with Evony of Aureline. For she is the Emperor's Arrow.
Torn between duty and survival, nothing can be the same.

Everything Ivy Morgan thought she knew has been turned on its head. After being betrayed and then nearly killed by the Prince of the Fae, she’s left bruised and devastated—and with an earth-shattering secret that she must keep at all costs. And if the Order finds out her secret, they’ll kill her.

Then there’s Ren Owens, the sexy, tattooed Elite member of the Order who has been sharing Ivy’s bed and claiming her heart. Their chemistry is smoking hot, but Ivy knows that Ren has always valued his duty to the Order above all else—he could never touch her if he knew the truth. That is, if he let her live at all. Yet how can she live with herself if she lies to him?

But as the Fae Prince begins to close in on Ivy, intent on permanently opening the gates to the Otherworld, Ivy is running out of options. If she doesn’t figure out who she can trust—and fast—it’s not only her heart that will be torn apart, but civilization itself.

Why Am I Excited?

This is a book which only fell on my radar a couple of days ago. I love the concept of fantasy romances and I’ve read a couple so far that I’ve liked so this sounds interesting. Sure, it sounds a bit like The Selection but I’m pretty certain our main character will be far better and I’m hoping to enjoy it. It’s n

Why Am I Excited?

I’m so excited to get reading this as I’ll be reading it with Danya and Kaja so we can roll our eyes, laugh and make the most of another Armentrout read. She is the author that I frequently complain about yet I continually come back to her books because she just writes books that appeal to me. Her writing has it’s flaws but I enjoy it anyway.
25486998
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Release Date: 26th July 2016
29056083
Genre: Play, Fantasy, Young Adult
Release Date: 31st July 2016
Signed, sealed, delivered...

While spacing out in Chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk, and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters -- sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she's kind of falling for this letter writer. Only who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery, and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can't always be spelled out...

Kasie West brings irresistible wit, warmth, and sparkle to this swoon-worthy story of love showing up when you least expect it.
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new play by Jack Thorne, is the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. It will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on 30th July 2016


It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places.

Why Am I Excited?

I am a new fan of Kasie West. I read The Fill-In Boyfriend and liked it but I am a fan of fake relationship books anyway. It was only after I read The Distance Between Us that I decided I was a fan of her writing. Her YA contemporary reads are fantastic and one about messages passed between two people without knowing who the other is just sounds adorable. A perfect read for the middle of the year.

Why Am I Excited?

Who isn’t look forward to the release of the book version of the play? Not all of us can afford to go to see the play live on stage and really going to London is a whole lot of effort and planning when you don’t live that close.

I’m excited to revisit this world (I’m looking forward to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them as well).
Which books are you looking forward to in July? Have I missed a significant read or have you found a new book which hadn’t been on your radar?
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.