Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

10 June 2014


This week The Broke and the Bookish have proposed the theme of what my top ten reads are for the year so far. This is difficult for me because I am an indecisive individual. I looked out my goodreads read shelf though, and these are the picks I came up with. I’ve read a lot of books so far this year, but these are the books which stuck with me.

tttstt
A Discovery of Witches – Deborah Harkness I don’t know if you guys can tell, but I properly loved this series. I cannot wait for the third one to be released. It just drew me in, it really surprised me.
The Line – JD Horn I don’t think I ever properly raved about this book, it might have been before I was book blogging, I don’t know. This was an impulse buy on my kindle, I happened to see it as one of the offers they show as adverts on the Kindle Fire and it intrigued me, it had magic in so I was like why not? It was such a good book, the second is out this summer. I am definitely buying it..
Dreams Of Gods And Monsters – Laini Taylor I think everyone and their mom has been raving about this series. It was one of those series that I thought no one had been reading, but then this book came out and in fact everyone has been reading it. This was an excellent read I encourage you all to read this series if you haven’t already.
The Rosie Project – Graeme Simsion A book I have already extolled the virtues of. Please, go read it. It is just a lovely book. It is surprisingly funny and so very heart-warming.
Graceling  - Kristin Cashore A series everyone loved and I had been avoiding reading for some foolish reason. It is a fabulous book. It has a strong female protagonist and an excellent adventure story. Amazing world building. It is an ace fantasy novel.
ttttt
Some Girls Do – Clodagh Murphy This is a romance. It is a book which I don’t think I’ve ever spoken much about, but adored. I had been eyeing it up for weeks on amazon because I loved the cover. Eventually I decided why not, I wanted it, I bought it. I did not regret it. If you like steamy romances this is the book for you.
Between The Lives – Jessica Shrivington A book which is not released until August and I had the pleasure of getting an ARC of. I did not think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. It was freaking fantastic. Everyone go and buy it when it’s out. It has mystery, romance, intrigue and is essentially a great book about self discovery.
Open Road Summer – Emery Lord I don’t think I need to say much. An ace summer read with a friendship to die for. Go. Read. ENjoy.
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han Another book I’m sure everyone has heard about. Not only is it one of the prettiest books I own, and I mean pretty. I own the hardback and I spent a good half hour admiring it when it came in the post. It also has a wonderful story within its pages, which is a bonus really. Not often a pretty book is also a good one.
Biggest Flirts – Jennifer Echols I wrote a review a little while about this book. I am not able to define why I enjoyed it so much, I just did. Jennifer Echols really is one of my favourite contemporary authors.

So, what do you guys think? What are favourite reads so far of the year? I would love to see your lists and recommendations.
Post Signature
© A Fool's Ingenuity. Design by FCD.